This is just a thrown together version of a classic, Cheesy Hashbrown Casserole. I prepped this the same time I made my stromboli to use up sausage. 😉
- Thawed bag of hashbrowns (plain or o’brien).
- Can of chicken broth, or I used cheese soup.
- 1 cup of sour cream.
- 1 cup or so of sausage precooked.
- 1-2 cups of shredded cheese.
- 2 cups or if you like crunchy spuds more Cornflakes.
- 1-2 tbsp. of melted butter.
Heat oven to 350.
Lay out hashbrowns in 13×9 dish.
Mix soup, sour cream, sausage, and cheese, and cover the spuds.
If you prep early stop here, cover, and refrigerate.
If you go on, top with cornflakes- a nice even layer, then drizzle the melted butter over the top.
Bake it for about 30 min. until golden and bubbly- may take more like 40 min. depending on your oven.